What is U FIT?
If you want to get fit and healthy, but aren’t sure where to start, the U Fit program might be just what you need!
The U Fit program is a fun, social and FREE fitness and nutrition program for UTS students. It is aimed at introducing students to fitness equipment and programs that are commonly available in gyms. The program consists of a progressive series of weekly group Training Sessions running each semester as well as one off Nutrition Seminar and a new Injury Prevention seminar. Register your interest now!
Group Personal Training - Every Week
- Get fit while studying at UTS
- Learn to make use of gym equipment
- Plan and follow workouts
- Individual engagement with a trainer for your level of fitness.
Nutrition Seminar - 20/04/17
- How to eat healthy on a Uni budget
- Develop a balanced diet to meet your lifestyle and health goals
- Take your sport performance to the next level with optimised nutrition.
Injury Prevention Seminar – 16/05/17
- Common injuries
- Ways to reduce the risk and prevent injury
- How to tell if you are injured or just have muscle soreness
- What to do if you are injured
Join the Facebook Group
Get quick updates, announcements, class changes, homework and tips from trainers and have all your questions answered.
Please send any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org - regular newsletters will be sent from this email.
- All participants completing the U fit program (80% attendance) will receive a 5-day pass to ActivateFit on Harris and a U Fit training singlet.
- A top prize will also be awarded to one person from the program. This will be based on attendance as well as the trainer's recommendation.
Program Details and Must Knows
Session topics vary and progress from week to week, and are based around your fitness education and learning. Places are limited so sign up early for the best chance!
Limited spots (14) are available for each class.
- Classes are limited to 14 students to ensure individual engagement with the trainer.
Entry into the program is NOT guaranteed.
- You will need to answer questions during the registration process and we will let you know if you have been chosen.
Water bottle and towel are ESSENTIAL for every workout.
- Participation will not be permitted without these items.
80% attendance is required.
- To maintain your class space and complete the program you must not miss more than 2 sessions from the time of your enrolment.
Classes Begin: Week 5
Mid-Semester Break: No class over Mid-Semester break (11/09/17 - 15/09/17)
Couse Length: 6 weeks - Final class will be in week 10
Location: Ross Milbourne Sports Hall – Building 4
Session Times (Subject to change)
10:00 - 11:00
14:00 - 15:00
15:00 - 16:00